GE Fanuc 90-30 Losing Changes

ngilbert

We have a machine using a GE Fanuc 90-30 IC693CPU363 and we made a few changes to the program and it seems when we check on the machine again it loses the changes we have made and reverts back to the previous state. The battery light is not on. Just curious if I was missing something simple.

Check the hardware configuration to see if it is set to load the program from flash memory on power-up. If it is, and you want to keep it that way, make sure you save any changes you make to flash memory as well as to RAM. You will need to stop the PLC to save to flash memory.
Are you making changes to the ladder logic or just changing data values?

Just making changes to the ladder. The parts counter on the HMI counts how many time the tapper runs but we have some parts now that don't need tapped so we changed it to count how many times the nailer runs.

when you go to download the program you'll see a little check box for "write to flash memory", make sure that's checked when you do your download