Allen Bradley 5069 vs. 1769 Series

Really? Ok so I don't have a AB price list since the 5069 came out, but looking on Radwell:

5069L310ER Manufactured by ALLEN BRADLEY

PROCESSOR
  • COMPACTLOGIX
  • 5380 SERIES
  • DUAL ETHERNET/IP
  • 1MB MEMORY

Weight: 6.804 kgs

Estimated Retail Price - £1,870.73

Compared to L16ER, ~£800... someone with a 2018 official list price care to share?

Not really comparable. L16ER can only use 6 local Point IO modules (8ch max density per slot, 64 IO points) and 4 Ethernet/IP nodes.

L310ER can use 8 local 5069 series IO modules (16ch max density per slot, 128 IO points) and 24 Ethernet/IP nodes.

A closer comparison would be the L306ER but even still this is way ahead of the L16ER supporting 8 local 5069 series modules and 16 EIP nodes.

Personally our company is standardising on the 5069 series moving forward. Have already done a couple of projects with them and have been impressed with the IO modules and ease of wiring. Only disappointing thing so far is no high density IO like 32pt modules but hopefully this might come in the future. Hanging for the 5069 Compact GuardLogix to come out too, hopefully the entry level price point is competitive.

Thanks for the info. Radwell only list the L310 and L320. For small projects the L16 still has its place at a decent price.

Really? Ok so I don't have a AB price list since the 5069 came out, but looking on Radwell:

5069L310ER Manufactured by ALLEN BRADLEY

PROCESSOR
  • COMPACTLOGIX
  • 5380 SERIES
  • DUAL ETHERNET/IP
  • 1MB MEMORY

Weight: 6.804 kgs

Estimated Retail Price - £1,870.73

Compared to L16ER, ~£800... someone with a 2018 official list price care to share?

I was comparing a 1769-L36ERM ($5020 list) vs. a 5069-L330ER ($5250 list).

I was comparing a 1769-L36ERM ($5020 list) vs. a 5069-L330ER ($5250 list).

You can't even compare these two because they are not even close as the same animal (or veggie, fruit, hair color, body piercings, tattoos, dust bunnies, coffee stains on your cloths from an oops or a Cougar jumping out of a tree 30' away) Trust me, that last one scared the **** out of me!

Yeah you can pick up the L306 for about £50. Dont forget to buy the removable terminal blocks though, which list for about £750 a set.

Or was it the other way around? I remember one seemed cheap and one seemed pricy.

What about the L330ERM? You compared a motion version to a non motion version.

You also need to review the new Architecture of the new controllers and what's up with that. Just picking one by previous standards compared to memory is going to toss someone way off.

The only thing in common was the 3MB, but how this memory works now has all changed with the new rigs.

It's actually a lot more fun now.

Can you guys not get list prices easily from proposalWorks?
If you ask your dealer they can even add in any discounts you normally get.

TB's are about $48 bucks per module or group kit for mod/sa power the same.

I put together a BOM of all Rockwell items for a project and send it to our rep. We have a new Rockwell account manager at Rockwell, plus at our local rep. Training these guys has been a PITA for sure, but almost a year later they are coming around.

We do get decent discounts above normal if everyone is fishing in the same pond. Projects carry more weight for discounts than a one part buy.

Negotiated discounts can be really great, but never do this with Rockwell unless you have a P.O. in hand. Usually have to buy within 10 days.

The 5069 does not have a safety PLC version, yet, but I'm hoping they will soon.

The 5069 safety processor was supposed to be released at the end of February. It will have the ability to use on-board 5069 safety I/O modules, which is a big plus. I have an application coming up that I could really use one for, and have been hassling my distributor for information, but the level of response I'm getting leads me to suggest that it's probably been delayed.