intouch view app object deploment

RY_Guthrie

I am a newbie to deploying an archestra ide intouch view app object, what I am having problems with is after I make a new instance of it I am sure what do do next do I have to assign it to a node on my network using the assign tab and if so is that its name, ip address, galaxy name, the archestra itergration doesnt explain this very well. Is there a better document out there that gives a better explanation?

yes I have, I went through my manual from that class and have gotten quite a bit farther along, I got to were I am deploying now, just trying to make sure I am deploying the right derived instances and to the right node.

I have gotten it deploy but I am not seeing it in my application manager of my target node, under node properties of my target node local working directory, I am making the assumption that is where my gr is should be sending it to, but I dont see where I set that when I am ready to deploy. it asks which computer on my network when I set up winplatform underer network address but not for a path, kinda confused about that, any ideas? Thanks

1st question about the target node ...

Does it have a platform and engine deployed to it?

Yes it does, and I can connect to the galaxy on my development computer so I know they can communicate, I think the problem is on when I do the set up of my win platform for deployment, I use the discover tab to find my target node but that is where I lose my understanding, does it have a default directory it sends the deployed objects to? Or am I supposed to tell it a path? Also on the bottom half of the win platform deploy set up page there is a spot for a secondary ip address, whatis that for? I was wondering if you could possibly send me a screen shot of a fuctioning winplatform deploy page if you haveone handy, I know I am asking a lot but I am determinded to crack this nut!

ok when I try tp deploy I get an error, failed to deploy winplatform_trainingvis: platform start up failed. I got to looking I dont have boot strap installed on my target computer, is that part of intouch, sql or a completely separate software pkg, I know I am showing my ignorance again, sorry!

on my development node I can see the platform I want to deploy to target nodes, but on the target nodes I cannot see it under platform manager, and i get the message platform manager functionality disabled, trying to figure out how to enable it now. I do have bootstrap installed.

I made sure I had boot strap installed and to make sure I reinstalled application manager ver 3.1 sp3 running intouch ver 10.1 sp3. I am getting the message when I try to deploy is the failed to deploy winplatform_trainingvis: platform start up failed. and on my target node under smc platform manager of course my deployed node doesn't show up and I get the message platform manager functionality disabled, that is where I think my trouble is, the platform manager being disabled and I am not seeing how to enable it at the moment but I am reading over the platform users guide and application manager server users guide. My 2 best friends lately!