Allen Bradley 5/40L with local I/O extension

nfvtmeinc

I am trying to autoconfigure a local I/O extension on an Allen Bradley PLC 5/40L. I have a 1771-alx adapter card in an AS2B series B
rack. I have verified all of the dip swithes on the adapter card and the rack and they are correct. Whenever I try to autoconfigure the local I/O extension it fails and tells me to be sure I have created an I/O status file. There is an I/O status file because the scanner channel will let me autoconfigure it. I am using allen Bradley Rslogic5 programming software. Would anyone have an ideas?

Thank you Doug Barnett

Doug

Using RSLogix, open Processor Status and select the Main tab. IO Status S16: should contain a value which is the file number of the I/O States file. If there is a 0 for the value, there is not a Status file. Choose an unused File Number and enter the number in S16. Then try to autoconfigure again.

If you have the proper configuration for channel2( Extended-Local I/O)
and have defined a diaganostic file using a unique unused integer file and defined the scan list the next thing you should do is clear the global inhibit bit. The global inhibit overrides the automatic configuration. You will need to clear the global inhibit bits for all chassis on the channel and then use the automatic configuration function. Clear the global inhibit bit from the processor status screen.

Roger