Baumuller bus 6v communication problems

rootboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys,

I'm helping the plant guys out with setting up a replacement Baumuller Bus6v servo.

To the best of my knowledge this drive has never been setup.

The new servo has been installed, but will not communicate with either updown.exe, or WinBASS. We've tried old laptops with real serial ports, and new laptops running VirtualBox and USB to serial converters.

The VM/USB to serial setup does indicate that the serial port is talking to the Baumuller, and that the Baumuller is responding (as evidenced by observing the LEDs on my USB to RS232 adapter), but after ten attempts (as set up in updown.exe) it times out and fails. In WinBASS I don't think that we even get that far...

Any thoughts on this, and is there a newer (non-DOS) version of the software out there that will talk to these drives?

Thanks!

John

Well, it turns out that we needed to use a *real* Windows 95 laptop (a Dell Latitude XPi) to get their old program to run.

I have a problem with Baumuller bum616. Which program should be used(pcbass or up/download)? Where can I download this program? There are no such programs on the official website. Thank you