Problem with S-7 connection (Two S-300)

AsbianKS

Hi,

I have got a connection problem. I have a S-300 PLC CPU314C with an Industrial Ethernet COM.

I have declared two S-7 Connection, with two differents ID in the NetPro.

I use the Siemens FB14(GET) and FB15(PUT) to read and write in another S-300 CPU (connected to my network with a C343-1 Lean). I have to do this two times with two CPU's.

In my code block I use FB14 and FB15, with the ID configured in NetPro, with the DB they use and I use, with the data type, I can PING the others CPUs...

But I have a error. The status of the error is 1 meanining "error communication, "communication not established"....

I have no idea why it does not work as I have an exemple of a working program elsewhere using the same NETpro configuration and the same Blocks (code and data).

Is there something more? Have I forgotten something? Do I have to do something in their configuration (normally it is a one side connection)? Is this a SDBs problem? I lost four hours on this today and still can't figure it out.

A nice help would be welcome.

Do I have something to do in their project to accept my PUT and GET? I suspect the status 1 of error mean there is no connection at all. But I can ping them.

Do I have something to do in their project to accept my PUT and GET? I suspect the status 1 of error mean there is no connection at all. But I can ping them.

You only need to define the link in the node that is the active node. If you want to run both PUT and GET from one node, the connections only need to be defined here. Both must be active. If you don't need to run put and get contemporary but can run them in sequence, you can do with one link (active).

I think it could be something wrong with your setup of the TSAP, but I cannot tell what it should be. Memory fadeout...

Try this:
Make a new test project where you put in both the nodes, the PN CPU and the CPU+CP LEAN. Then make an S7 connection between them and see what Netpro suggest as TSAP for the partner node. Adapt the values in your original project (for the PN CPU only).

Kalle

Thanks for the answer, the problem is solved.

I noticed the SDB were differents online and offline, and did not know why. I just downloaded them into the CPU and it worked.

Before this I had transfered the Hardware configuration numerous times... I thought it was modifying the SDB as well in the CPU but apparently not.