RSLinx comms to Panelbuilder32 broke when Updated to RSLinx 3.7

I recently installed a new centrifuge in a production facility. They were already using AB PLCs/Panelviews and had RSLogix/Linx etc installed on their main computer. I needed to update the ip addresses on the centrifuge to connect it to the network and to do that I needed install a newer version of RSLogix/Studio. In doing that, I upgrade their version of RSLinx.

I'm somewhat new to the AB universe so my apologies if I don't have this exactly right but I'm told that the new version of RSLinx won't communicate with their Panelviews 1000's which were programmed with PanelBuilder32. Typically they can update them remotely from this computer using DH+ through RSLinx and since the update, their communication dialogue fails. They said that AB removed support for PanelBuilder32 and that once the old RSLinx is updated, they haven't been able to recover. It seems like I ought to be able to download an older version of RSLinx and/or roll back to a system restore point or something. I already tried installing RSLinx 2.54 (had been upgraded to 3.73) as that the best guess I have for what was installed before.
Does anyone know what version of RSLinx I would need to link Panelbuilder32 to a panelview 1000 through DH+? Do you think a system restore might solve the problem? They think they need to get all new panelviews and reprogram them which seems pretty heavy handed. Thanks in advance. I'm happy to try to clarify thing if you have questions.

I don't know what the PB32 / Linx compatibility is, but my PB32 solution is to keep an XP Virtual Machine, with PB32 and Linx 2.something.

None of my Rockwell software lives anywhere but in dedicated Virtual Machines, because of the compatibility (and stability) issues.

As rdrast, I have PB32 in a winXp VM. In it I use RSLinx 3.73 and it talks to the old PV's perfectly fine.

Yet another ploy by PLC manufacturers to get people to spend their money and upgrade everything. This seems to be the trend nowadays by not supporting legacy hardware in newer software they are trying to force upgrades as the only option.