HMI with a XY graph function

Edmhydraulics

Hey all, I have a project where a customer wants to plot 2 variables on a graph, flow rate and speed. I can easily program a graph on an HMI with one variable against time with time being the X-Axis on the bottom and flowrate being on the Y-axis.

What I would like is instead of time on the X-Axis that I can use an variable such as speed.

I have produced graphs like this with Excel, but are there HMI's that can do this. I have used quite a few Red Lion Graphites with Crimson 3, but I dont think you can do it with Crimson.

Thanks.

I have used quite a few Red Lion Graphites with Crimson 3, but I dont think you can do it with Crimson.

Yes you can, when you make a scatter plot in Crimson you specify arrays for the X and Y axes. So you can basically plot anything against anything, it's quite versatile. I believe you can have up to 4 overlays on one graph.

Nice looking XY plot available from Beijer X2 Base HMI

Red Lion has an XY PLot but you have to add a scale for the Y axis from their legacy tools. I can't find a horizontal scale tool to use. Overall, the plot looks very dull.

Beijer X2 Base HMI's have a very nice XY Plot with auto scaling X and Y axis. The HMI is almost half the cost of a Red Lion HMI CM3000 and looks a lot more modern in my opinion... The simulator in iX Developer works great - Red Lion has removed their simulator since it doesn't work! Don't know about reliability between the two - we will test them side by side.

AB's Panelviews are also capable with an active X (supplied with FTView ME). Example code with UDTs that you populate are provided also. Works pretty good except its slow if there is a lot of data and the screen is displayed the first time - updates are fast.