MicroLogix 1200... Is it toast?

cnorm5623

So we are moving a machine and I accidently hooked 120vac up to a 24vdc control circuit and fried all the proxes and PE's on the thing. everything else seemed ok untill I was trying to get some of my outputs on the ML 1200 to work.
All the relays work fine but the triacs only stay on for a moment. If I force the outputs on in the program the LED comes on for the output but the actual output only flashes on for a moment the right back off.

Think I fried the triacs? or the prcessor? Like I said everything else works fine. all the imputs and all the relay outputs.

This is one of those "it depends" answers. Mickey is probably the best to get a good answer, maybe he will jump in soon.
Here are some guesses. I'm thinking that you might be mistaken about the other outputs in that if they were indeed triac type they would "normally" be rated for 120 VAC or 240 VAC anyway.
My best guess is that they are 24 VDC transistor outputs. This is because otherwise they would not likely have been connected to the common 24 VDC supply where you connected and applied the 120 VAC. If they are transistor type outputs then they most likely are toast. You should test the known good Inputs and Relay Outputs by putting in a small program using only the known good Inputs and Relay Outputs. If that works ok then you are probably right that the outputs in question are damaged.
Please post the exact model number to verify the output configuration.

Yea sorry my bad on the triacs, they would be transistors. the rack is a 1762-L40BXB ser. C
I still dont see how they would work for a moment then off again. i verified that everything else works except these transistor outputs on the rack. but hey this was a good time to upgrade to a 1400 any way so we have one with built in ehternet coms insted of having to pull the RS-232 cable from the PV and plugging into the ENT adapter!

have you tried to disconnect transistor output load in the case these loads are burned short with the 120 vac and actually make the transistor trip 1 sec after comming on ? If you connect a known good load to the output would it work ? (small 24vdc pilot light)

<snort> Hey Cnorm, I could get you a job at my company, recently we had a machine stop working due to worn out parts, so the 3rd shift supervisor had another overwrapper hauled over, but the main problem he found was that the connector hanging from the ceiling was different from the plug on the machine, so he had the 3rd shift mechanic swap the 3 phase 30 amp 480v connector with a 3phase 20amp 230volt one, oddly enough he (the supervisor) was ****ed off that when they plugged it in, the new machine wouldn't work.............lol Luckily it just blew the control fuzes before anything else burned up.........lol
In the mechanics defence, he is hispanic, and doesn't know much english.........

Yea mistakes happen.... just a good learning experience. Its for sure toast. I wrote a new blank program and tested the outputs with pilot lights but most are toast. but like i said what better time to upgrade to a 1400 with built in ethernet!