Panelview and Archestra

RBergmann

I have experience with RSLogix 5000 and RSView ME (PanelView Plus). I have been asked to bid on a project that uses an:
"Allen Bradley Control 505 with PanelView HMI" (sic). The confusing item here is that I have been given instruction that the HMI 'operating system' should be Archestra (WonderWare?). This suggests to me a PC based HMI. Is there a PanelView PC based HMI?

1. I know what a SLC 5/05 is and have programed several but these use RSLogix 500.
2. I'm pretty sure the customer wants either a CompactLogix or ControLogix for their PLC.
3. I've programmed PanelViews (PanelBuilder32) and PanelView Plus' (RSViewME)
4. Maybe it exists, but I cannot find a PC based PanelView (I'm guessing that it should be 12-15").

I cannot figure out what the configuration requested consists of even after exhaustive web searches.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

The more contradictory elements there are in a specification, the more likely you are to be told sternly to "bid to the spec !". ;)

Can you ask for clarification or an example of a related installation or system ?

There's definitely no such thing as a PanelView (a Rockwell Automation trademark name) that runs Archestra (an Invensys / Wonderware technology).

My best guess is that they want a panel PC that runs Wonderware InTouch. You could give them an Allen-Bradley brand panel PC, or a Wonderware-brand panel PC, or something else.

Wonderware does have a hardened PC that is similar to the PanelView Plus series. And of course, it runs Wonderware vs Rockwell.

There's definitely no such thing as a PanelView (a Rockwell Automation trademark name) that runs Archestra (an Invensys / Wonderware technology).

My best guess is that they want a panel PC that runs Wonderware InTouch. You could give them an Allen-Bradley brand panel PC, or a Wonderware-brand panel PC, or something else.
Thanks, Ken ...

I'm of the same mind, but not being completely aware of all that AB has in its arsenal, I needed confirmation by those who know. That being, of course, the experts in this forum.

I presume that the HMI hardware should have been the VersaView as mentioned above.

I am guessing that the PLC reference has mistakes also. The term "Allen Bradley Control 505" has no significance on its own merit without assumptions as to what this really is. As I stated above, I'm guessing a CompactLogix or ControLogix due to their specification emphasis on the RSLogix 5000 and its merits.

I have a meeting with this customer later this morning and I needed points to be clarified going in.

Scanning old posts ...
ArchestrA (A2) is a multi server based development/runtime environment that can be used to develop/control both InTouch HMIs apps and galaxy objects that run on object servers. It's not cheap ($25K+) depending on options. It requires a great deal of expertise to design and program - very powerful but very confusing for a novice. One server could handle a small galaxy (1K I/O). My last A2 was 150K I/O and used 11 servers.