Emerson's stand alone RTU selection

IdealDan

Hi Guys,
I'm making a selection for emerson's RTU, after going thru their site, I'm yet not too clear on one to select. Please if you have used emersion's stand alone RTU (not with PLC). Kindly send me the part no. for their RTU that can suite a SCADA application where Data will be pulled from existing PLCs on over 60 sites for integration. This help is urgent please and I can't wait for their customer care to respond.
Thanks in advance for your input

Last edited:
Need more data.

What im.gathering is toy.qant to select scada system.to poll over 60 different plcs? What plcs. How are they all connected etc.

Does the RTU and plc need to talk? Or does the RTU just talk to scada. And what scada software. What is common in your area. If only doing flow measurement the floboss107 is pretty straight forward.

Does the RTU and plc need to talk? Or does the RTU just talk to scada. And what scada software. What is common in your area. If only doing flow measurement the floboss107 is pretty straight forward.
YES, RTU will talk to PLC (pulling data from PLC)micro wave transmits to out stations
SCADA is OpenEnterprise v3 of emerson
The project involve both gas/oil flow measurement and also Control is inclusive, I thought of Controlwave Express PAC SCADA RTU, but it's discontinued. What can suggest please?

If you have both Oil & Gas meter runs then I would go with the Roc800. It can do both in the same flow computer.

The 107 can also do oil and gas.
And they can do modbus master or slave as well rather than roc protocol if needed rather than a prosoft card on the allen bradleys i prefer the redlion dsp for everything convertiona nd communications wise.

It seems to.me that you could.just connect the PLC's Directly to SCADA why the need for an RTU firat if not doing flow meaurement?

I agree with Dan Wiebe. It is not clear what the RTU's need to do.

RTU's typically have I/O, are low power, have some calculation and control functionality, and a choice of digital protocols on the WAN/network side for data offloading. Different models emphasize different features.

Presumably the existing PLC's have I/O, calculation and control functionality, so is your requirement a compatible protocol for data transfer?