C200HS memory mapping for PROFIBUS master

kalabdel

Hello everyone,

I have a copy of a program with very few named tags and no comments, which is typical. I have been trying to find out which memory is mapped to the PROFIBUS master PRM21 and can't seem to figure it out. I will eventually plug into the module with CX-PROFIBUS and will be able to see for myself but for the time I want to figure them out.

The Module is in slot 5 and the unit number is 0.
According to the manual PRM21 is considered a special I/O unit and because it has unit number 0 it allocated IR100-109 and sure enough in the program 100.0 is used to turn the module on and that's the only bit used of IR memory.
There are four Beckhoff PROFIBUS couplers with 16 out each.
What other memory can be used to control those outputs?
DM memory (thought maybe bit masking) for unit number would be
DM1000-1099 which is not being used.

Thanks

https://assets.omron.eu/downloads/manual/en/v9/w05e_cx-profibus_operation_manual_en.pdf

http://omronkft.hu/nostree/pdfs/plc/networks/profibus/w349-e2-2.pdf

You are correct in the allocation of the memory for the special unit. I would review the two manuals above on the specifics of the network.

Regards,

Thanks Gary. I did review those two manual and and two more for two days and couldn't find any of the memory areas that could be allocated based on the unit number anywhere in the code.
I'm troubleshooting blindly as I deduced what the unit number must be from the code.
The exercise to try to figure it out from code is not going so well so I think it's best for me to drop it till I visit the site and plug in.

Thanks a lot.

I do not know about the Profibus unit but many Omron cards can be programmed to be in another location.

Thanks Bob. Here's a pic of the I/O. Slot #5 had the RPOFIBUS master (I'm not user why it appears as Analog module as I have pictures of the hardware and it is definitely in that spot.)

From the far end of the CPU we find two analog modules with unit number 2 and 3 followed by three DIs and then the communication module PRM21 which shows unit number 0 in area 1 and that allocates it IR100-109. 100.0 is used in code and is set at first scan. That's it ,nothing else from that memory area is anywhere in code.

io.png

That address is 100 for the card not 1000.
Have not seen one of these old tigers for many years. Some cards used to allocated as analogue as there was no description for them.

Got the cable, using cx-profibus I added a device right clicked and selected Go Online or Upload Parameters and I keep getting and error message "No Device Assignment" ! What does that mean?

Edit : The error now changed to "Error during parameter upload"

CXProfibus.ProgressDialog.CXProfibus.IProgressDisplay.DisplayProgress(Form owner)

CXProfibus.UploadDownloadProgressDialog.DisplayProgress(Form owner)

CXProfibus.OmronNetworkViewControl.omronDtmMenuUploadParameters_Click(Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs)

Last edited:
It turns out uploading parameters is not possible which means the address mapping of existing devices will have to be derived from the program.