AB hardware on Craigslist

...but I just dont do Graiglist

In Detroit Craigslist deals end up on the news.

A couple from the suburbs selling a big screen TV drove it to the city to sell it and never got home, or the money.

2 guys were selling new IPhones for $200, set up the meetings in a remote church parking lot. Did not have any IPhones but knew the people coming had $200 cash on them.

Lots more examples.

Aabeck
Detroit... no way. There’s no crime there, Chicago either

And they were trying to buy those phones at midnight?

I’ve had good luck buying and selling through Craigslist.
Except for the low ball offers. Haha

BTW
I thought they gave that AB hardware away :)

Aabeck said:
Lots more examples.

I have meet with several customers looking for items, my shop is about a quarter mile from the Sheriffs office so I just meet them there... I also bring my dogs (they can run I can't) and I always have my 9mm on me, guess im just paranoid

I had a bad experience in California once, I lived in the Bay Area and went to a swapmeet and got there early, I was waiting for the gates to open (still dark) and parked up on a hill... I saw a guy walking with a limp and crutches, he pointed up to a sign and stated hey man you can't park here and then asked if he could have a ride back down... he was wearing a jacket that I thought was one of the parking attendants

Before I parked on the hill I drove around a little and noticed I was not in the greatest hood (really the hood) I had a couple people start walking up to me as I was driving down the streets and they did not think I was their long lost friend if you know what I mean....

Anyways I decided to give the guy a ride back down the hill, so he got in and having small talk he asked are you buying or selling? and said he would show me the parking lot... I said buying and never been here before.. Thinking to myself after I said it, I just told him I have cash and have no idea where I am

Once we got to the bottom of the hill he told me to turn down the street where I just came from and knowing there were several creepy things lurking in the dark down there I knew better, I slammed on the brakes and told him to get out and reached over and opened the door for him as he was fumbling around I saw his gun, so I pushed him out and took off so fast the door slammed shut

I know for a fact if I would of made that right turn it would of been my last and it put a very bad taste in my mouth ever since then I have been very paranoid about my surroundings, but I have also never had to shoot anyone yet :)

JRW said:
Mark
I’ll buy this if you give me $400 for it.

255 and its a deal and I will buy the beer ;)

Last edited:
I agree that stuff was probably "removed from service" during an upgrade.

L55 processors that have been obsolete for 8+ years, a bunch of Series A and B ControlNet modules that might have been swapped for Ethernet make sense.

The label on the PLC power supply is similar to how a UL508A shop labels all the PLC assemblies, so it's probably not demo gear.

I think the 1756-L55 could be upgraded only to version 16 (I used to know thi stuff by heart !) so it's fine for education or home projects but not for new commercial installations.

A lot of companies won't go thru the expense of upgrading when something fails, so used/refurbished is their goto.

One of our customers has an A-B 1305 drive on the blink. It took a board meeting, much discussion and final executive decision to spend $2,300.00 on a upgrade to a new PowerFlex drive.

Padees,

I feel your pain - I have 2 customers that think there working PLC's are fine. One is a SLC100, the other a PLC2-30 shoebox (Bootbox?) I have to keep the PCIS and 6200 software just for those 2 machines.

The SLC100 customer knows that in the event of a failure I could replace it with a new PLC in 1-2 days. I already have transposed the program to a Micro800 and a AutoDir Click just in case.

The PLC2 customer thinks that in a failure they will either buy a new PLC2, or it could be upgraded within a day by anyone they call. Love those executive types. And that line is major in their entire operation - it going down would shut down their plant.