issue with Versamax Genius NIU

demond1984

Hi,

I'm at the end of my rope here on an issue where I'm getting a I/O enable amber on a 200GBI moduleo_O. 2 weeks ago the module went out an was exchanged with a new one and it was working fine for about 3 days and now it doesn't work at all. I've checked the cabling and it seems to be fine.

The weird thing is if I set the address to a number that is not addressed in the GBC, the I/O light turns green. Once I set it back, it returns. there is 5 other modules in series with this and all other are working just fine. I've tried swapping them out one that works and the problem is just isolated at this station.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated .

Are there any analog modules in the drop or are they all discrete? If there are analog modules you will need to download a configuration to the GBI module. My experience with the IC200GBI modules is that you need a real serial port on the computer running Proficy. I have never been able to download through a USB/serial converter.
The 32 status bits associated with the Genius bus controller correspond to the SBAs of the drops. Check to make sure there aren't any duplicates.