Sysmac Studio - "An unexpected error occurred..."

axledeep

Hi everyone,
I'm running Sysmac Studio (1.23) on top of CX One V4.25 (CX Programmer 9.66 and suite). All software up to date as of today. Windows 7 64bit.

In Sysmac Studio, I'm getting an error message that shuts down the software whenever I open the Tools>Option menu. The message says:

Application Error

An unexpected error occurred. Sysmac Studio will now shutdown. Unsaved data will be lost. Do you want to save the project being edited?

It also occurs when I try to bring up the properties of a lamp object in the HMI programming section of Sysmac Studio.

I have uninstalled both CXOne and Sysmac Studio completely and by using the Remover tool. Reinstalled with all updates but still the same issue.

I am offline when this occurs. I've started new projects thinking my existing projects my be corrupt. I called Omron Tech Support early on but they suggested doing the full removal and reinstall which now I have done.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate your help.

Axledeep

Can you try this on another computer?
Try disabling any anti-virus programs temporarily to see if the application will work.

Just a couple of thoughts.
Regards,
Garry

I have it and CX-One running without any issues at all on Windoze 10 x 64 bit. Have never had an issue at all. Been running it on Windoze 10 since the operating system first came out. Nothing on Windoze 7 anymore - including virtual boxes.

Can you try this on another computer?
Try disabling any anti-virus programs temporarily to see if the application will work.

Just a couple of thoughts.
Regards,
Garry

We have two other laptops with Sysmac Studio installed. One laptop is identical with mine and no problems. The other is different but has no problems as well. Waiting for our IT dept to disable McAfee. 3hrs and waiting....good grief.

Thanks Garry
Axle

I have it and CX-One running without any issues at all on Windoze 10 x 64 bit. Have never had an issue at all. Been running it on Windoze 10 since the operating system first came out. Nothing on Windoze 7 anymore - including virtual boxes.

That's good to hear.
Thanks BobB.