Rsnetworx Backup Procedure

halla26

Hi guys.

I've recently been given an area that contains ethernet/controlnet and devicenet all with their own relevant setups.

Unfortunately each time navigate online using rslogix 5000 and disconnect get the message rsnetworx file not found (as it's not save on my works laptop so offline filepath differs).

I have done an upload through rsnetworx of the scanners, but noticed comparing to an original file some of the nodes have not been transferred fully across in the upload in the configuration? (such as an encoder for e.g.)

Is there a procedure you recommend when going online via rsnetworx to create a proper upload and backup of the configuration, that if a scanner fails we can simply download along into the new unit?

Thanks

Oh the joys of devicenet/controlnet....

so, what you are doing is saving the PLC project, and within that project, under the 1756-DNB or 1756-CNB properties on the I/O configuration, there is a link to the required dnt or xc file for the configuration.

Find these links and seek out the backup files, if they are not in the stated location, that is why you are getting the error.

If you do not have the files, then you will need to use RSNetworx (and various adapters if you are connecting directly to the network) to navigate onto the networks and upload the configuration. Click on each device in turn and update the data. You will also need the EDS file for each device to get full recognition. RSNetworx has most of the Rockwell devices.
It may be that you are missing the EDS files for the encoders etc....