GE Fanuc CPE305 issue

rahmanjr

Hi All. Good Afternoon.

Today i'm facing 1 issue with my GE Fanuc PLC.
I'm found my CPU was death during startup.
I'm change with spare CPU and download the backup program but the PLC go to fault status.
Attach picture original CPU and new CPU also the fault table.

Thank you in advance for those are helping me on this thread

Double check your hardware configuration. There are discrepancies between what you declared in the software and what is actually present in slots 3, 4, 5 and 6. There is also something about the module in slot 7 that the configured CPU doesn't like.
Your new CPU is newer than the original. That is not likely to be the cause of your problems.

What Version and "SIM" of Machine Edition are you running?
The CPE305 recently had a firmware change that takes a new SIM for ME...

Don't forget to remove the "isolator" from the battery on the replacement CPU. It will not effect configuration issue, but no real time clock.

Hi Steve Bailey. thanks for you reply. Today i'm checking 1by1 all the configuration also compare with my others backup found all match and correct. But finally i found the actual root cause, my last 2 unit analog output was faulty (slot 8 & 9). After disconnect this 2 unit my CPU back running. Unfortunately i have only 1 spare card in handšŸ˜“šŸ˜“

IMG_20180803_182117_20180805210113503.jpg

Hi NetNathan. I'm using PME version 8.0.
What you mean with "SIM". Sorry because i'm only beginner on this GE Fanuc PLC.
Battery isolator already removed before i'm slot in to rack

all the configuration also compare with my others backup found all match and correct
You did not include enough of the screenshot to show the timestamp of the faults. It is possible that they happened a long time ago and were no longer relevant. Once a fault has been entered in the fault table that entry will persist until cleared.

Original CPU was death. That why i can't retrieve the data or error code. When i'm replace to new cpu this 5 alarm come out. I'm not suspect my analog card faulty because from fisically the card look good. LED indicator still ON.