Citect - passing more than 8 variables to a super genie..

Pocko

Hi All,

I'd like to know the best way to go about passing more than 8 variable to a super genie.

I'd like to create a genie that will need to pass more than standard 8 varibles to a super genie that the various *** function can do.

I'm looking to place a button on the screen that when clicked will open up a page with our VSD parameters (a fair few of them need to be on the one screen at once ideally), and i'd also like to use this method for setting analog alarm set points and reading the alarms status and acknowledging them on the same page.

Feel free to paste cicode function text if posssible!!

Thanks, Cheers - Pocko.

Have a look thru the on-line help the function ***() can be called and will assign heaps (technical term meaning many)
eg:
***( hwin, nArg, sTag, nMode)
hWin = -3 ---Current Window, -2 -- Next Windows
nArg = super genie association number
sTag = tag name
nMode = don't know what this does book says set it to 0

so if you wanted to create an association between a tag named FRED and you wanted it to be assoc. #43 for the next window to open it would read

***( -2, 43, "Fred", 0)

I have used similar to above to assign up to 60/70 tags, and don't forget that a super-genie is EXACTLY the same as a normal page except that instead of referencing tags it references Associations.

Apparently that function is considered too rude to print.. It is A_S_S. the first three letters of association

Last edited:
I usually build my own supergenie calling functions when there are more than 8 associations
For Cicode examples
search for the function AssVarTag in the citect project editor using the "find user function"

Also look at how assWin AssPage are all coded

PS. The Tag.ci file that you open is in the include directory DO NOT make changes to this file. It gets changed on upgrades. Create your own Tag.ci in your project

Like consys I have 50 to 100 associations per page

MichaelG said:
I usually build my own supergenie calling functions when there are more than 8 associations
For Cicode examples
search for the function AssVarTag in the citect project editor using the "find user function"

PS. The Tag.ci file that you open is in the include directory DO NOT make changes to this file. It gets changed on upgrades. Create your own Tag.ci in your project

Hi:
How I make to make a Super Genie with more than 30 Tags variables? Since, when using the AssVarTags in the Up Command of the Genie I surpass the 256 characters.
This I must do it with an Array, declaring it in the Cicode? How I do it?

Student

For Cicode examples

Could you please share your code for calling supergenie function? I'll be grateful.

Could you please share your code for calling supergenie function? I'll be grateful.
Function is called in a Genie with:
Code:
RB_FillParamPopup("%TAG%")
The function passes 17 associations to the Super Genie "!sg1_RB_ParBlock_Dsp":
Code:
FUNCTION RB_FillParamPopup(STRING sBlockName)

AssVarTags(-2,0,sBlockName + "_P1",sBlockName + "_P2",sBlockName +  "_P3",sBlockName + "_P4",sBlockName + "_P5",sBlockName +  "_P6",sBlockName + "_P7",sBlockName + "_P8");
    AssVarTags(-2,8,sBlockName + "_P9",sBlockName + "_P10",sBlockName +  "_P11",sBlockName + "_P12",sBlockName + "_P13",sBlockName +  "_P14",sBlockName + "_P15",sBlockName + "_P16");
    AssVarTags(-2,16,sBlockName + "_P17");
    AssPopUp("!sg1_RB_ParBlock_Dsp");
END