AB Control Logix Analog Input Configuration

noface

I have an injection molding machine that I'm trying to add a digital flow meter to the closed loop water cooling system.

The flow meter is a keyence FD-MZ100AYKP

I'm using it in analog mode with the pink output wire and a 4-20mA signal to the input card.

The AB 1756-If61 analog input card is in a multi processor Control Logix rack in slot 12.

I have added the card to the project in RSLOGIX5000, and there seem to be no problems with the configuration as there are no yellow inidcators on the card in the COW window when looking at the hardware I/O. Clicking on properties indicates that it is running, and input I want to use (0) is set to a 0-20mA type of input, rather than the default -10v to +10v.

Clicking properties on the card also states there are no faults. But when I go to local:12:I:data I find that all the module tags for faults are on or a "1".

Resetting the card in the module config seems to do nothing.

I configured this module while the processor was online.

I've inhibited the module and then un-inhibited it.

Wiring issue? signal wire (pink) from Keyence is going to the "I" terminal, and am using the 0v wire or common for the 24vdc power supply as the other wire to the common terminal of the input.

There is an existing analog Input card in the rack that I could use, but couldn't get it to work. I'm getting real data from this card (injection pressure and screw RPM), but had the same issues trying to get the fault on input cleared.

Is there anything I need to do to get RSLOGIX or the Control Logix processor to correctly recognize this card?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
JS

unfortunately I can't. I'm not at work right now, and don't have a copy handy.

I work night shift, so likely everyone is sleeping while I pull my hair out trying to figure this thing out...

unfortunately I can't. I'm not at work right now, and don't have a copy handy.

I work night shift, so likely everyone is sleeping while I pull my hair out trying to figure this thing out...

You should wire the following (if doing differential signal):

Pink - Terminal 2 [IN-0]
Blue - Terminal 4 [IN-1]

Jumper Between - Terminal 4 [IN-1] and Terminal 1 [i RTN-0]

Darren

Last edited:
Actually that could be wrong.

What is the Module?

Is it a 1756-IF16 or a 1756-IF6i (last letter LC to call attention to it)

Darren

Anyway, if you have the isolated voltage current module you still need a jumper.

For isolated:

Pink - Terminal 3 [IN-0/I]
Blue - Terminal 5 [RET-0]

Jumper between - Terminal 3 [IN-0/I] and Terminal 1 [IN-0/V]

Darren

Anyway, look at these from manual.
attachment.php

attachment.php

175616iWiring.jpg 175616Wiring.jpg

it was definitely a wiring issue.

I believe I had it wired as a simple -10v +10v circuit.

It is now wired as the first example of a 2 wire 4-20mA current

the input card is a 1756-I6fI

pink analog output from Keyence flow meter to in-0/I and jumpered to in-0/v with the common or 0v wire from power supply to Ret-0

thanks so much for lending a hand.

now I'm having an issue with the meter itself. The one I have is rated for 25gpm using a 1" pipe, but is capable of displaying up to 52gpm. The system at 100% is measuring 46gpm according to the digital display on the meter. The biggest number I can get out of the analog input card is 19.99 or 20...

Keyence assured us that this unit would work for our application. I've got a customer service rep looking into it, so we'll see.