Using modems with FX2n

AndEdtec

I know there has been a recent thread about mitsi modem connection but I'm still don't know if im on the right track.

My plc is an fx2n, which I can either :

1, buy a misti modem which would connect into my HMI bejers e150 and then into the comms port(where sc09 would go)

OR

2, an rs232 board is availabe for the plc, can I use this with say a standard hayes modem and just dial in from my laptop useing the built in modem and hyperterm.

I may be way off but please help, I'm in the positon that my budget can't really justify buying two 500 pound modems from mitsi and at this stage, and is just to make my life easyer and won't increase production just my experience, please help as I'm so keen on getting more plc experience and comms is something that could help later.