Programming Software for a Modicon PLC

pablo2000

Hi guys,

I need to take uploads from some vendor PLCs, Modicon Micro controllers. As far as I can figure out, these are programmed with Schneider's PL7 software. Is this software compatable with Windows 2000? I also have a vague recollection of someone saying to me that ProWorx32 can be used to program the Micro controllers. Does anyone know if this is the case?

PL7

Pablo2000
PL7 from schneider is used to program Micro &premium automation platform .
PL7 version 4.3 and latest version 4.4 works on windows2000 and windows Xp platforms would you please let me know which version you have.
BR

PL7

Pablo
Sorry ,i forgot to tell you that my PL7 pro Version 3.4 is running on my windows 2000.
Good luck

I don't have any yet. The modicon PLC's have been used by vendors on site, the vendors are now gone and I've been given the task of uploading all vendor packages on site. We need to purchase the software for the upload, so I'm trying to find out which package to buy. I think, from the information in the last three posts (thanks guys), that the PL7 is the way to go.

Warning/Alert

Schneider Electric manufactures automation and control products under the brand name of Telemecanique, which has PLCs under the family name of Modicon. As a result of mergers/acquisitions they actually have several products called "Micro".

Schneider Electric makes an old Modicon Micro. The catalog numbers look like 110CPUxxxxx. These devices require the 984LL software like ProWORX or Modsoft.

Schneider Electric also makes a new style Modicon TSX Micro. This family catalog number looks like TSX37xxxxx. These devices require the PL7 software. This family of Micros is often referred to by the Telemecanique brand name.