FBC and FAL instruction in Studio 5000 with PanelView Standard

Frinehart

Good afternoon all,

I am attempting to get a panelview standard 1000e too communicate completely with a 1756-L83E through a 1756-DHRIO card and parts of the panel is communicating correctly with the block transfer. I've checked with hmi program to no avail and I have also tried to convert the block transfer bits to INT's from DINT's but it interferes with FBC and FAL instructions in the program. Sorry to ramble but my main question after consulting Knowledge-base is does anyone have input as to how to set up the FBC and FAL instructions? I feel as though this is what is in the way of complete communication. I have attached images of my studio 5000 program and the original PLC-5 program

Thank you very much

FBC_FAL.PNG FBC.PNG

I'm not 100% sure what the FAL is doing (maybe something to do with sign extension?).

Anyway, the FAL destination and formula are using a tag named R_FAL_CTL_002_POS, rather than R_FAL_CTL[2].POS. I don't see where the .._002_POS tag is getting a value assigned to it, unless it is an alias for the ..[2].POS tag. Probably want to check if it is aliased as implied by the FAL formula.