Download a routine only

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,
This is something I have never tried before and was wondering about. I have to make a edit to a ST Routine in a Studio 5000 Program. I know I can’t do that online but is there a way to just download the edited routine only? I don’t want to overwrite any data in the rest of the program with a full download.
Thanks for the help.

Have you tried Export and Import of Subroutine?

Export Routine and import into program works on ladder not sure about ST. But you should be able to test. The import function will not overwrite existing register values when done in ladder I would assume its the same for ST.

You can just copy and past the routine, right? Or if you are online, can't you create a new routine and copy and paste all the rungs? Then hit download or the confirm changes button (since you aren't modifying the other routines, the data will still be the same for those).

Bullzi said:
...I know I can’t do that online...

Structured Text (ST) Online Editing has been available since RSLogix 5000 software version 13 and later.

What Edition of Studio 5000 are you using? (Mini/Standard/Professional, etc.)

Regards,
George

Structured Text (ST) Online Editing has been available since RSLogix 5000 software version 13 and later.

George,
Guess this was one of those I heard that I couldn't edit ST online so I just "assumed" that was never updated. I don't use ST very often just when I am doing data manipulation.

I am using Studio 5K Standard with the Multi-Language Pak. I used V32 on this project so I am well above the v13 you mentioned :)

I will try and do an online edit on the ST routine and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help!!

Bullzi said:
...I am using Studio 5K Standard with the Multi-Language Pak. I used V32 on this project so I am well above the v13 you mentioned

I will try and do an online edit on the ST routine and see how it goes.

My mention of version 13 was only to point out that ST Online Editing is or has been available for many years now. Your version being above 13, which of course it had to be as you had mention you are using Studio 5000 (introduced at version 21 minimum), does not automatically qualify your software as having the ST Editor available. The more important prerequisite here is whether you are using a high enough Edition of the software to have the Editor included. So of course, that is why I asked...

Out-of-the-box, your Standard Edition does not natively include the ST Editor feature. Only Ladder Diagram (LD) is "Fully Supported" i.e. "Upload/Download Included, Editor Available".

For Standard Edition - Function Block Diagram (FBD), Sequential Function Chart (SFC) and Structured Text (ST) are only included with "Upload/Download" support. Their Editors are "Available Separately". So unless you had purchased the ST programming language add-on package at some point, the above limited support would still stand.

If you know you can create and edit ST routines Offline, then you know you have the Editor available. If you have the Editor then, yes, you should be able to perform ST Online Editing.

Fingers x'd!...

G.

I have the Multi-Language Add on to the Studio 5K so I have all the languages available to me.

I just made the changes I need to via a VPN online. Worked perfectly. Thanks for the help!!

Bullzi said:
I have the Multi-Language Add on to the Studio 5K so I have all the languages available to me.

I just made the changes I need to via a VPN online. Worked perfectly. Thanks for the help!!

Ah, apologies my friend. I had misread that earlier as you simply meaning you had the International languages version of Studio 5000 (9324-RLD300INTL). I had not realised you were actually informing me that you had the multi "programming" language add-on. It is late here.

I'm glad you got sorted!

Night, G.