Control Powerflex 40 without a PLC

I would say that most likely you could. I am not a FactoryTalk expert by any means, but I would guess it supports ModbusRTU which would allow you to set parameters in the PowerFlex. You will need an RS485 connection, so you may need an adapter.

If it would be helpful, I could explain how I would do it in AdvancedHMI, then you could translate the technique to FactoryTalk.

Similar Topics

Hi guys, I am trying to setup a 4 - 20 mA analog output from the POWER FLEX 700 drive ( terminals 8 and 9) to an analog input card of a PLC...
Replies
Views
So our Powerflex 525's are set up to allow REMOTE operation from PLC through network. But if network is lost we want to be able to run in LOCAL...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am using a PowerFlex 700 (Rev 10.001) to maintain tension in a web. We're reading lbs from load cells under one of the rolls...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am working with a powerflex 525 trying to get multiple speed references. I got it working on my bench and then I went out to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to see if there is a solution for an application I'm attempting. I have a PF525 running a pump. It is primarily hard-wired...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom