Modicon Quantum IO Scanner Connection Reset

aiki202

Does anyone know how to reset a single I/O scanner connection used in a NOE 771 01 Modbus TCP module (Modicon Quantum PLC using ProWORX NxT)?

I am communicating to a ProSoft MVI69E-MBTCP module in an AB CompactLogix rack where the I/O scanner is the master of the read and writes. If I disconnect the Ethernet cable between the modules and then reconnect...the comms link is re-established BUT if I power down the CompactLogix rack that contains the ProSoft module then re-power...the comms link never comes back (I need to lift the NOE card). I know there are issues with the NOE modules having this problem (where if an active link is lost it cannot recover)...just looking for a work around so that each time the main disconnect is thrown on the AB PLC enclosure no one needs to go and lift the NOE card on the Modicon side.

Thanks in advance.

You will need an interface between the AB CPX (uses EtherNet/IP protocol) and the Quantum (uses Modbus TCP protocol). I used a ProSoft module to interface the two ethernet protocols. ProSoft offers many interface modules and has excellent user manuals and tech support. IMO I would not use the Quantum as the Client (make it the Server)... use the CPX as the controller requesting data from the Quantum. One thing to watch out for is the Quantum data is backwards as compared to AB data (LSB & MSB are swapped)... if you don't realize this it can create big problems. Also, CPX is 0-15 addressing, while Quantum is 1-16 addressing. Take note of the NOE issue as well from my original post.

Hope this helps.