red lion HMI question

akrafter

I need to upgrade a few old panelview 550's in our plant that are connected to SLC 5/04's and 5/05's. I'm leaning towards going with Red Lion HMI's but notice that the Graphite line has indoor and outdoor rated panels. The CR1000 and CR3000 line don't say anything about outdoor ratings. Is this outdoor rating just for temperature, or water resistance. Although these would be indoors, the operating environment is pretty harsh with them routinely getting splashed with water on the outside of the cabinets. Anyone have experience with both the old panelviews and Red Lion HMI's that could say whether they are as durable?
I would upgrade to the newer A-B panelview+, but am not impressed with Allen Bradley's expensive software that seems to be full of bugs, and wanting to try something different.

The Red Lion CR series is not nearly as rugged as the Graphite line. I have used quite a few of both. Either will run circles around anything made by A/B, but the CR series is not going to be as tough as the old PV550. The Graphite is what you'll want for a harsh environment.

I use the CR3000 as my standard offering. The Graphite’s in outdoor applications or harsh applications. I only use the CR1000 in very low cost applications. The 1000’s don’t have data logging or web site capabilities. I use those features a lot so I avoid using the CR1000 when ever I can.