Write second from Factory Talk View SE to RSLogix 5000

Ece

Hello all,

I would like to write system\seconds tag (Factory Talk View SE) to a plc tag (RSLogix 5000) in order to handle the system\second value into my PLC program.
Any advice?

regards,

Last edited:
I think communications jitter will make that, well, not such a good idea. If the Logix Controller is a time master, it is a downright bad idea.

If you want to keep the PLC clock synced, it would be better to do it on a much slower interval, one hour, or one day. The RTC really isn't all that inaccurate.

If you are using this for logging purposes to an external database or something, then just pick one time source (HMI OR PLC) and stick to it. Don't mix and match. Or include both timestamps.

If you want to do this for some other reason, it will still have a great deal of random jitter to it, but you can put an On Change event for system\seconds and just write the new value to a PLC connected tag.

Thank you for your replay, but I can not understand your answer. I would like to transfer a FT View tag (for example seconds) to RSLogix 5000 as a tag.

Your doubt is really broad.
You can define your tag as a DINT and use that to send over the value that you want to the PLC.

DINT is what the timers in CLX take and it is possible to use with maths to calculate time based on the system clock.

Can you be more specific on your doubt?

I have a Factory Talk View with is installed in a PC. This PC has a time HH:MM:SS. This time, into the FT View, appears in the screens via the tags system\minute, system\hour and system\seconds. I would like to transfer this information (seconds, minute and hour) to my PLC (Contrologix) in order to handle these.

Your PLC already has a built-in clock. What do you hope to gain by sending the computer's value to it every second? As Rdrast pointed out, if you transfer the FT computer's value to the PLC once a day, it is doubtful they would drift far enough apart to cause problems.

Look in the Global Connections under System. You just need to put a tag in to receive the tags and the runtime will do it for you. The remote tags read from the PLC.