News?

I'm really curious about this as well. Most articles I see either feel like dressed up press releases or the author made is talking about the same stuff all over again, in an effort to get quotes from as many manufacturers as possible. It feels as much like buzzword bingo as anything else.

Mostly reps for me or the grapevine. I can't say I've ever read any trade press for the reasons you sight.

We use Routico mostly and Underwood's and both the local guys are brilliant, with knowledge and what is up and coming and sorting out loan kit.

Thanks for your suggestions. It is this site that has given me the best industry news in all honesty. Tend to be from 1000+ posts members, rather than the 1 poster members who say "wow, look at this great new industry leading software". Often it comes as an answer to a "I am having trouble with X." Thanks team!

Maybe we could have a subforum for news that only genuine 1000+ posters can create posts on, and only for products / events / methods that they are genuinely excited about/interested in?

Or just use the same forum, but title it NEWS? I think it needs to be user led rather than seller led news. Should this be viewable for paying members only? Maybe not, but perhaps if some movie tickets or whatever were given to the "journos", this could be a way of encouraging people to sign up to support their free-as-in-freedom news.

Anyone care to start us off with something they are excited about in our industry?