There are currently no devices in our database

earlgray

I am using Studio 5000 V30. I am trying to add eds files to my database for a project using the eds installation wizard. I go through the whole process of adding the new eds file/ files. Then I check in my Ethernet tree and the new devices are nowhere to be found. I have tried multiple eds files from Cognex , AB , B&W. None of these work.

I have noticed the installation tool says " There are currently no devices in our database" . Therefore I tried to register the eds files directory using the C:\Users\Public\Documents\Rockwell\EDS. Didn't work.

Also I looked through the new eds files in the Rockwell folder. I did notice the new EDS files are in this folder but they can't be removed by installation tool because I get a error.

Please help? Any suggestions would be helpful.

edserror.jpg