Total Control Solution Touch Screen

eric100

Hi

I have an old Total Control Solution touch screen, could anyone let me know what software do i need to upload the application for trouble-shooting.

Thanks,

Eric,
Depends on the model number what version of the software you will be able to use. Also in the older versions, if you don't have a copy of what is loaded, you can't upload it. So 1st things - what model number do you have?
George

If it is TCP, then Quickdesigner is the one. If it has a GE P/N on the back, then you will need Quickdesigner 3.4 and UP.
On the newer GE models, you need the japanese software Quickdesigner also.
I have used both the old TCP and the newer ones. The software appears to be the exact same, other than the pulldown menu with the model no's and communication types are different.

Be careful with these, this is an excellent touchscreen however they are very sensitive with hardware/software revisions. If you try to program an old screen with a newer software version you are headed for a nightmare and GE won't be much help. If you can, try and figure out what version of software the screen was programmed with last and use that software to make any revisions.

To be precise, i have copy down the part number:
QPJ2D100L2P/B Series A
Which is manufactured on 02/97 and no GE sign at the back.

Can i use the Quickdesigner V3.7 to upload the application ?
Thanks,

You can do a sucessful upload only if the project was ALSO downloaded to the screen originally. The software cannot just read the currently running application.

Yes you can use Quick Designer 3.7, There's a trial version on the net which can be used for 4 days. You can upload what's in the Touch Screen, if there's a project already in it. Otherwise you will get nothing.You can upload from the touch screen without problem.

Quick Panel documentation

I also have a Quick Panel jr that is going to need support. (Model QPJ2D100L2P Series A- Made in Japan )
We'd like to add new operator features to the machine, but the OEM and our plant engineering person didn't see eye to eye, so supplier support is thin.

I have tracked QuickDesigner to Xycom, who sells QD v3.7. Anything I found on GE or FANUC sites seemed to be a dead link, or "This product is no longer supported". Xycom has a page saying that more of these are due to be obsoleted in 2006 (buy our NEW, Better product. uhhunh). Their products uses the same software (?).

http://www.xycom.com/cms/promotions/7d6300131efabfb8/index.html

1. Does anyone know where I can find programming/user documentation? I need to do some reading.

2. Can anyone confirm the imminent obsolescence of QP jr's?? (URL's would be nice)

3. Does anyone have experience with migrating to, or recommend, a similar product? (talking to an SLC 5/03)

I originally got a quote on the software, thinking it would be like PanelBuilder (upload, modify, download, etc.). OOps!

It seems likely that the project will not be in the machine, and I need to wave the yellow flag at management, if modification is going to be more difficult than anticipated.

PS: does anyone have a programming cable diagram/pinout?

Last edited:
I had a quick look at the site. I'm looking for relevant docs for a QPjr, probably 7-8 years old. Feel free to post anything you think is relevant.

dwilson,

"Pro-Face IS Quickpanel". Don't you subscribe to Control-Engineering?
They have been attempting to drill this into people's minds for a couple of years now!

SNK said:
dwilson,

"Pro-Face IS Quickpanel". Don't you subscribe to Control-Engineering?

Thanks for the tip on Control Engineering. I've signed up for a sub.

But, no, I didn't know that. Searching that site for that part number comes up empty. I'm guessing the otasuke units are the offspring of the QP unit?

I have one orphan unit onsite, little vendor support (it's been re-badged to the vendor's name; the TCP label and part # were on the bottom), no program backup, and it's the only such unit I've encountered in 20 odd years (the perils of working for end user employers instead of integrators, I suppose).

Last edited:
You can do a sucessful upload only if the project was ALSO downloaded to the screen originally. The software cannot just read the currently running application.

Bernie, I found this thread and have a question. We have a Pro Face Quick panel Jr. II and we either need to get it to talk to a new AB SLC 5/05 (currently works with a 5/04 but want to upgrade) or upload the information to see what it's doing in order to create the screen with iFix to incorporate into our SCADA then do away with the Pro Face screen.

You say it can't read the currently running application but Raphael, right below your comment said it could. Explain please.

Also, what is the file extension for the file so I can search our database to see if someone happened to save it.

Dave