Connection Problem between AB control logix and Citect Scada.

james84

hi,

I having trouble communicating Citect SCADA and AB Control logix 5561 via Ethernet module 1756 ENBT.

i am able to ping the PLC from my SCADA computer.

i am using ABCLX driver in citect and when i type port ip 192.168.254.xx and run the project coming as hardware error..

i don't know where i am going wrong.. is there port address should be 192.168.254.xx/Backplan/0?

if any one have a idea, please help me with this problem.

thanks....

i am using ABCLX driver in citect and when i type port ip 192.168.254.xx and run the project coming as hardware error..
This will only point it to the ethernet card not the processor

i don't know where i am going wrong.. is there port address should be 192.168.254.xx/Backplan/0?
Try 192.168.254.xx/0

Hope this helps

This will only point it to the ethernet card not the processor

Try 192.168.254.xx/0

Hope this helps

thanks for reply,

i tried 192.168.254.xx/0, 192.168.254.xx/Backplane/0 but still getting the same error.

please help me with this..

Did you follow the Express IO device Setup? did you change anything else under "Ports" except for Special OPT?
dont think you need a /0 if your CPU is in Slot 0.
citect version?

Search the Citect KnowledgeBase for ABCLX.
There are some tricks where you need to sort the Variable.dbf by UNIT first then TYPE.
Also if there are some bad tags/not defined in PLC then you will have connection errors.
See the info in the Knowledgebase.
Citect to CLX is not simple to do the first time.

Comms set up is as per help files and as below it works.
192.168.254.xx/0

Did you follow the Express IO device Setup? did you change anything else under "Ports" except for Special OPT?
dont think you need a /0 if your CPU is in Slot 0.
citect version?

thanks mate,

i am using v.6..... my cpu is on slot 0, i tried "/0" and without 0 as well...

i am not changing anything in ports except special opt.192.168.254.xx

only in special option do i have to enter ip or anywhere else aswell?

Search the Citect KnowledgeBase for ABCLX.
There are some tricks where you need to sort the Variable.dbf by UNIT first then TYPE.
Also if there are some bad tags/not defined in PLC then you will have connection errors.
See the info in the Knowledgebase.
Citect to CLX is not simple to do the first time.

Comms set up is as per help files and as below it works.
192.168.254.xx/0

thanks mate..

i have gone through knowledgebase tutorial....couldn't help me..

i want to use very few tags from plc to SCADA... (9 out of 380 tags) is that make any difference?

i have plc program created by someone else.. i export all tags as .CSV and then copy tag name and address direct to SCADA variable tags whith necessary TYPE and ".,_" changes..

is this the right procedure?