Proface HMI vs Schneider Magelis HMI

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
It is not a secret that Schneider Magelis HMI are made by Proface.
I have loads of experience with Schneiders HMI and their Vijeo designer software. I did not have any issues whatsoever.
As Proface is the original hardware manufacturer, i thought that they would have a better software than Vijeo designer, so I ordered a panel for our latest project.
All went well, but GPPro4000ex was a bit of a let down.

1. The variable table is nowhere near as advanced in VIJEO.
2. The addressing of the screens is only made by numbers and not symbolic names.
3. The alarms seem to be overcomlecated and the alarm table looks a bit rough.
4. The datalogging graph control seems a bit rough.
5. It has a seperate tool for program download.
6. Simulator looks overcomplicated and it was slow.

The application I used for was very basic, so. I was not able to test advanced functions as scripts and webgate.

Does anyone have experience from both softwares and explain the advantages of GPpro over Vijeo?

Regards
Nik

Like many other Japanese companies, Pro-face seems to be excellent on the hardware side and somewhat lacking on the software side of their products. So GP Pro EX software, while powerful, still leaves a lot to be desired as far as the feature set and ease of use are concerned.

If you feel comfortable using Vijeo and can accomplish what you need with it, just stay with it.