S7 300 password

altafjamadar

Dear Sir,
How can I overwrite a new project in S7-300 (315 2DP) CPU, when it is password protected? Right now I don't have field PG and also spare MMC card. I don't want the existing project in the card. I just wat to load new project.

How about putting the memory card in a different CPU type and performing a reset, then putting it back in the 315 and resetting again - do you have another CPU type available ?

If the same MMC is put in the another PLC, same thing will happen with that CPU. MMC can not be deleted.... I think so... not sure :oops:

Just posted the same in another thread:

If you have a CPU of a different type, then you should be able to clear the MMC completely in that CPU.

From Siemens FAQ:
MMC
It is only possible to reset the MMC if it contains data* that is invalid for the CPU. Otherwise the MMC is only initialized by the procedure described.
* Invalid system data is, for example, data stored for a different type of CPU.

How to do it:

1. The MMC is slotted in the bay of the CPU. The CPU requests an overall reset (slow blinking of the STOP LED).
  2. Set the switch to "MRES" and hold it there until the STOP LED lights continuously (approx. 9 seconds).
  3. Within the next 3 seconds, you must let the switch go and set it again to "MRES". The STOP LED now blinks during the delete procedure.