Omron NE1A lost IP address

rhulshof

Just thought I would throw this out there.

History - A couple weeks ago we had an Omron NE1A brick. Could not upload download to it after it failed. We installed a new one, downloaded program. Then we used BootP to set the IP address. Disabled BootP. I cycled power afterward to make sure it successfully disabled bootP. It held the IP address.

Yesterday afternoon there was some hiccup on the network. HMI would not talk to PLC. Not sure if they cycled power to everything or not (haven't had a chance to talk to that shift yet) but after they reestablished Comms the Controller had “E3” and “N3” faults. They used bootp to set the ip again to resolve the issue. For now we have disconnected that cell form the plant network in case there is an IP conflict causing issue.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Thanks

Rick H