Modbus 485 connection wiring

sultanahmed

Hi,

I am working on Accuload 111 want to read/write data through modbus 485 through modbus poll software.
In device modbus connection shows RX+ RX- Tx+ Tx- conection. i have 2 wire seneca 485 to usb convertor i connect it with rx+ Tx+ is this configuration ok?
Please advise?

Hi,

I am working on Accuload 111 want to read/write data through modbus 485 through modbus poll software.
In device modbus connection shows RX+ RX- Tx+ Tx- conection. i have 2 wire seneca 485 to usb convertor i connect it with rx+ Tx+ is this configuration ok?
Please advise?

Link RX+ to TX+ and RX- to TX- together on the 4 wire end and connect your 2 wire USB lead to the + and - you have just linked

4 Wire_________2 Wire

RX+/TX+______+
RX-/TX-_______-

edit, just to note that wiring like this will only give you half duplex communications, not full duplex

Last edited: