FactoryTalk: Numberic Display to show (s) for seconds

khelza

I have a numeric display which currently displays a value (Specified by Connections>Value field)

However I want it to add an "s" or "sec" after the number to show that it's displaying time in seconds... any easy way to do this within the numeric input?

I use a multistate indicator with 2 states. Put a 0 (zero) for the connection. Use only state 0, with something like this: /*N:4 {[PLC]Tag[8,0]} NOFILL DP:1*/ sec. Now the formatting is done by the software, you just need to add the units at the end.

I use a multistate indicator with 2 states. Put a 0 (zero) for the connection. Use only state 0, with something like this: /*N:4 {[PLC]Tag[8,0]} NOFILL DP:1*/ sec. Now the formatting is done by the software, you just need to add the units at the end.
I do something similar but using a Text object.

Stay Away from the "Numeric Displays" at all costs in any flavor of FTView. They aren't flexible, and have very odd formatting issues a lot. Just use text with an embedded variable.

I like the multistate indicator because it gives you the nice 3D border. And since it's a multistate you could use another state to change the background to red in an alarm condition.

I'm with those guys^^

I never use the numeric or string display. Major PITA. I just use text with an embedded tag, or as jkerekes says, a multistate indicator if I want a border/frame/background/animation.

Stay Away from the "Numeric Displays" at all costs in any flavor of FTView. They aren't flexible, and have very odd formatting issues a lot. Just use text with an embedded variable.

Agreed, numeric displays are confined and have limited flexibility. Embedding variables into text objects works much better, but does require you to make a fixed background if you don't want the background color (width) expanding and contracting with the number of digits displayed during runtime.