You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old January 19th, 2021, 01:53 PM   #1
ValeoBill
Canada

Undocumented program changes

Some help with an annoying problem, please....the majority of program changes (AB5000 platform) are being made by a contractor (a former employee here). His changes are not documented. I can tell from the "kb" stamp on the program file that changes have been made. Is there an easy way of determining where the changes are? The program structure has not changed in that the number and names of subroutines has not changed. If more clarification is needed in order to supply an answer, by all means, ask away. This issue - ongoing and unadressed by my "superiors" - is proving to be a royal PITA.

My thanks.
Old January 19th, 2021, 01:54 PM   #2
Robb B
Lifetime Supporting Member
Canada

There is a logic compare tool, should highlight changes. You will need two copies of the program, typically whatever is on your computer, compared to the running logic uploaded from the controller.
Old January 19th, 2021, 01:58 PM   #3
ValeoBill
Canada

Wow! Hadn't even refreshed the screen and the answer appeared.

Thanks, Robb.
I'll do some looking....
Old January 19th, 2021, 09:48 PM   #4
James Mcquade
United States

are they in good standing with the company?

i would have purchasing write into their po that all program changes must be documented and that payment will not be completed until all parties involved with the changes and associated documentation.
just my 2 cents
james
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum