You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old January 13th, 2021, 08:13 AM   #1
KingPresident
United States

SSV enable/disable program

I have a few cells with v28 that have ssv for program enable/disable. I copied the logic to replicate this on other, slightly older cells with RLS5K v20. Can anyone point me to a manual that can help me? Is this possible with RSL5K v20?

The other version pictured is Logix Designer v28.
Attached Images
File Type: png V20.05.00.PNG (3.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png V28.03.PNG (7.7 KB, 15 views)
Old January 13th, 2021, 08:43 AM   #2
MikeyN
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I just tested this in v20.13 and it worked for me. This manual, 1756-rm003 has all the details. Page 193 shows a broad overview, and then has links to the individual class names. I used Class Name: Program, Instance Name: [the task you want to inhibit], Attribute Name: Disable Flag, Source: [DINT tag - 0 = execute, non-zero number = inhibit.

The one thing I noticed during testing was that I did not get the pause icon over the task like it shows in the v28 picture you attached. I had to right click on the task, go to properties, click on the configuration tab, and make sure the Inhibit Program radio box was checked. When my Source tag was 0, the box was unchecked. Any other value checked the box.
Old January 13th, 2021, 12:22 PM   #3
KingPresident
United States

Thank you Mikey. /end Thread.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum