Geo SCADA tags from SCADApack

jj2500

Hi all,

I am trying to bring in some alarm tags from a SCADApack plc to a Geo SCADA system. The system is existing and configured with working tags for me to use as an example (since Ive never used Geo SCADA).

Despite this, I am still having trouble getting data from the SCADA pack plc to display on the Geo SCADA system. I have tried a number of different things, namely creating the reference myself in the Geo SCADA DB, copying an existing tag that works and modifying the parameters, etc. but no luck.

I have noticed one weird thing though, it appears as though some of the existing binary tags have an offset of 1017, While some have an offset of 1152. To explain further:

Tag1 = inlet pressure hi alarm point # in Geo=53, SCADApack reg.=1215
Tag2 = generator running point # in Geo=36, SCADApack reg.=1053

Can someone explain this offset to me? And why there is a difference between the two?

Also, I have tried referencing a 12xx register that I set to '1' using an offset of 1152 but it did not display the state.

I tried referencing a 10xx register that I set to '1' using an offset of 1017 and it did not display the state.

it is GeoSCADA 2019, and the SCADApack is a SCADAPack 334. The outstation setup is using the DNP3 protocol and DNP is enabled in the SCADAPack. As I said, there are working tags which I should be able to use as an example ;)

Help please!