Micro820 Recipe Function

BennyBoy256

My first time here so greetings all! As a little background, I have had to pick up CCW per my employer's request and so far have made a lot of progress and learned a lot considering i started from nothing. However I seem to be struggling with using the Recipe function in CCW.

So a test program I made where I would push a button and update an INT value in a recipe has not given me any result. looking at the output value of function, I get an error 15, which is not listed or described in the paperwork i have seen for this plc. It seems like I cant get the error 15 to come back, and now I only see error 3 and then error 0. But there is not really a way for me to confirm that there is no error and that writing to the SD has actually occurred.

This seems like it should be pretty straight forward. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any advice?

I just looked and it seems that info IS being saved to the SD!!! Oh JOY! but i am still having read error.

Other info :

Using CCW v 12.0
MICRO SD SanDisk 32GB

ReadError.jpg ST_code.JPG WriteError.JPG RCP_ErrorList.JPG SD_Folder.jpg

Have you tried creating the file structure on the SD card. It may be having an issue with the initial file creation. If you put an empty file on the SD drive with full access, it may then be able to open and put data into it.

Just a thought.

I’ll give that a shot. Some time ago I was having issues understanding how to change the IP address of the Plc and I tried to use the SD card slot (had no luck). I called tech support of Rockwell and from what I remember it sounded like there may have been an issue with the SD card functionality in general with v12 of firmware / connected components workbench. Thought I would try here and see if I would hear the same thing. Wish I had found the site earlier.

I’ll reply again after trying a few more things.

BennyBoy256 said:
I get an error 15, which is not listed or described in the paperwork i have seen for this plc. It seems like I cant get the error 15 to come back, and now I only see error 3 and then error 0. But there is not really a way for me to confirm that there is no error and that writing to the SD has actually occurred.

Have you tried creating the file structure on the SD card. It may be having an issue with the initial file creation. If you put an empty file on the SD drive with full access, it may then be able to open and put data into it.

Just guessing here but that may have been the issue with error 15, but since it never came back sounds like it created the file shown in pic SD Folder

There is not a error 0 (0 = all good) so it sounds like you only have error 3 that is the issue correct? what is in the folder 820 and like Glenn said maybe you need to do something in there ?

So after much digging, it turns out that Rockwell Automation broke the SD functions with their newest Firmware Version 12. This causes the SD card to not be recognized after a power cycle. Downgrading firmware to V11 fixed the issue. the only other work-around that was given to me was to use the microSD card that Rockwell Automation sells. I couldn't find a good price for one so i just picked up five cheap 2GB SD cards from amazon for 20 bucks. It is likely that the files and info that was saved the one time was due to me pulling SD card out and putting it back in while program was still running. Thank you all for the helpful tips!

So after much digging, it turns out that Rockwell Automation broke the SD functions with their newest Firmware Version 12. This causes the SD card to not be recognized after a power cycle. Downgrading firmware to V11 fixed the issue. the only other work-around that was given to me was to use the microSD card that Rockwell Automation sells. I couldn't find a good price for one so i just picked up five cheap 2GB SD cards from amazon for 20 bucks. It is likely that the files and info that was saved the one time was due to me pulling SD card out and putting it back in while program was still running. Thank you all for the helpful tips!

I use the SD to load mine with 12, so maybe its only the recipe function?

Not all SD cards will work they need to be the 'industrial' ones, we sell them if the Amazon dont work out https://www.plccable.com/allen-bradley-bradley-2080-sd-2gb-micro820-sd-memory-card-2gb/

What is the lead time for those SD cards? I see there are only 13 in stock. The System i'm working on is expected to have 50 units initially sold w/ potentially more through the year. If those SDs work on V12 of micro 820 that would save me a load of time in SW development. There is also a separate project being worked on that could see many more ordered as well (related project that also uses micro 820).

PM me your address and I will mail you one for free (or you can purchase one), I should have a 100 next week, I have two other customers that are (and have been) buying a lot of them so I am trying to keep up with their ordering.

You can also email me (faster) [email protected]

I would like to hear your feedback on them.