RSLogix 5000: converting project files from different firmwares versions

buhnen

Hi all!

I have a question here:

I have installed in my computer the RS Logix 5000 versions 15.00 and 16.00

Because of specific reasons I'm programming my projects in the 15.00 version but soon I'll move definitely to 16.00.I can easily make the conversion from 15.00 to 16.00 by selecting "properties" and once there choose the controller version. So far, so good. But when I try to undo this action, I mean to go back again from the converted 16.00 file to the 15.00, the RSLogix doesn't show this option.

It seems like it is a deadpoint action.Do anybody nows if it's like this? Is there any chance to undo the conversion?

Thanks in advance

Solved problem! :)

By the "manual" way of copying and pasting and importing/exporting the tags

but even so.....if someone knows a better way?

It saves the original file before converting. Look at your save directory where your Ver 16 is saved and you should see a file named with some of the same stuff but a .V15 or something to that effect in there.

Otherwise its always a good idea to save your previous program with a _V?? before converting just in case something goes horibly wrong in the process.

Export the program to (or, save it as) an L5K file.
Edit the L5K file directly, to change the processor major version.
I forget if you also need to change the IE_Ver := line, but you should be able to find that out at the knowledgebase.

Note: If you are using any V16 specific features, the program may actually be corrupt when opening the L5K program in an earlier version.