DB indirect addressing with parameters

jormaga

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to do quite a simple thing (I think) but I'm stucked and don't know how to implement it...

I call FC6 (DT to DATE) and the RET_VAL parameter I want to use is located at a DBW in a DB with no fixed DB number.

I tried the following code but I got an error, could anybody enlight me and tell how to fix it?

AUF DB [#iDBPlc] // iDBPlc declared as local int
CALL FC 6
IN := #dtDATETIMEPLC // dtDATETIMEPLC declared as local date and time
RET_VAL := DBW30

The date variable was declared at DB2.DBW30 when I ran the code but got an error. When I use RET_VAL := DB2.DBW30 don't get any errors, but it's not flexible the DB number addressing.

Thank you all!

Regards,

Jorge

Use a temp variable of type date as the return value from FC6 and then copy the temp variable to DBW30

possible solution

I realized that I could do the following:

AUF DB [#iDBPlc] // iDBPlc declared as local int
CALL FC 6
IN := #dtDATETIMEPLC // dtDATETIMEPLC declared as local date and time
RET_VAL := #dDATEPLC // dDATEPLC declared as local date

L #dDATEPLC
T DBW 30

And this really works. I just wondering if there was another way to do it directly without declaring an extra local variable 'dDATEPLC'.