Learning How to upload & download

cucal

Hi, I am new in this PLC world. But I need to get backups from our PLC's. We have SLC 5/01 and 03's. I didn't have any problem to upload SLC 5/01's.. My question is

Is it matter to upload on line or offline?? It says create a new file or UPLOAD offline. Which one is better to get a backup program to use in the future in case of battery failure etc.

and when I tried to copy to diskette it says the target can not handle this type of documentation. What is the best way of getting a upload and how can I get a download later on if I needed.

Thank you for your asssistance.

Upload and merge if you have a file with documentation. Create New file if you have no file right now

bbboy said:
Upload and merge if you have a file with documentation. Create New file if you have no file right now

Thank you for your reply... It was a great help..

Regards