ABB ACS800 trim control

pauly

I am looking to trim the speed of an ABB ACS800 drive via an analogue input. That is the main reference comes into the drive via thye Profibus interface and the larger the analogue input gets, the more the speed reference is modified(reduced). I have set up a test drive and utilised the "trim" function in the drive which works perfectly in one direction but not when the drive runs reverse. I set the PID function block with a maximum of 0 and a minimum of -100%, so that for zero analogue input the PID saturates with zero output. As I said this is fine for positive or forward direction but not reverse. Any body with any ideas or similar experience?
Suggestions welcome

pauly, being able to trim in reverse is something I've never tried with the ACS800. I have three suggestions.

First, rather than use the trim PID function, you might be better off using the math functions on the analog inputs. I believe you can do a trim against the fieldbus speed reference with AI2 and AI3.

Second, this would be a good subject for ABB's Application Engineering Group. Surely, they have a phone number for that in the UK.

Third, if all else fails, I'm sure you can put together your own trim logic in the Adaptive Programming section of the ACS800. I don't use it often but it is wonderfully useful when nothing else will do.

Wish I could be more specific for you but the request is not something I have direct experience with.