PLC/Flowmeter Communication Solution !!

richleva

Hello,

I have a flowmeter in a underground mine with hart data, i need to read it from a micrologix 1400 that is located in surface...I would need a solution that will let the PLC read the information via the mines TCP network ...

I was planning to use modbud TCP IP, but apparently the micrologix 1400 wont work with that ??

Can someone advice..

Thank you

Does the flowmeter supply the data using Hart protocol or Modbus TCP? The ML1400 Series B should handle Modbus TCP just fine, but for Hart, you will need a 3rd party protocol converter.

If you have a ML1400 series A, Modbus TCP is not supported.

Does the flowmeter supply the data using Hart protocol or Modbus TCP? The ML1400 Series B should handle Modbus TCP just fine, but for Hart, you will need a 3rd party protocol converter.

If you have a ML1400 series A, Modbus TCP is not supported.

Hello,

Thanks you and yes its a Series B