Siemens S7-200 software?

Siemens has 3 software packages for the PLC's...

MicroWin for the 200

Step7 V5.6 for the 300/400

TIA Portal Pro V15 1200/1500/300 Basic for the 1200 only

Yes, I sold it up until 2 months ago... but the price went up 125% so I decided to not sell it anymore

Contact your local Siemens dealer and they may just give you a copy, mine did years ago

Reaching out now. Thanks again for the insight. As a side note, I just love it when a facility buys a skid or package with a PLC on it and they don't request a copy of the interface software.

Reaching out now. Thanks again for the insight. As a side note, I just love it when a facility buys a skid or package with a PLC on it and they don't request a copy of the interface software.

humm by means of ''interface'' do you mean the hmi ?
Microwin is for the plc but hmi back in that time was Wincc flexible 2004 to 2008 and some screen could have been programmed by either wincc or the hmi portion off tia portal...

This is some phased out for a long time products that china still use under a xxxCN version...If it is a brand new machine with a S7-200 plc be aware that it is either a very old stock or a CN

Last edited:
I believe he meant interface software as in the IDE where the program is done.

Also, you may need a PPI cable for that particular PLC. I believe the MPI interfaces still work on that, but don't quote me on it.

I believe he meant interface software as in the IDE where the program is done.

Also, you may need a PPI cable for that particular PLC. I believe the MPI interfaces still work on that, but don't quote me on it.

Correct, and thanks for the tip on the cable. Just out of curiousity, what is special about the PPI cable? It looks like a usb/serial adapter, which i already own one. Is the serial side something other than a null modem cable?

Last edited: