PVPlus 7 not trending historical data

phuz

I've setup everything as I have in the past, and re-read the tutorial to make sure I didn't miss anything, but my PVPlus isn't trending any historical data.

Data log is setup for appropriate tags, and enabled in the startup. Trend object references same tags for the pens and calls the Data Log Model associated with those tags.

Phuz,

Make sure your trend screen is never closed or replace and is always running in the background.

That's not true at all. When using a data log, you can 100% close the screen and come back to it.

I tried "Delete Log Files" when transferring and now it seems to be trending, although I found a bug within this. I have a tag that is in the data log called "Shifts" and in my trend object my pen uses an expression "Shifts * 25" and when the trend is re-opened, it does not show any historical values. If I remove the "* 25" from the expression, it shows "Shifts" just fine.

I had a Rockwell contractor setup trends for me in the past. He was absolutely convinced that you needed an SD card (at the back of the HMI) in order to log the data. Although based on the documentation, you should be able to store data without it, I haven't dug that much into the manual.

All that being said, if you find a good guide on how to keep your data log, I would definitely be interested for some of my own applications.

I had a Rockwell contractor setup trends for me in the past. He was absolutely convinced that you needed an SD card (at the back of the HMI) in order to log the data. Although based on the documentation, you should be able to store data without it, I haven't dug that much into the manual.

All that being said, if you find a good guide on how to keep your data log, I would definitely be interested for some of my own applications.

You can log to the panel and run a BCD to copy paste to a USB, or you can also log to a csv on a network drive, or USB, which doesn't require any input.

Decent guide: https://theautomationblog.com/datastore-plus-step-by-step-setup-in-factorytalk-viewstudio/