FTV SE - Print 1 page of recent alarms from Alarm and Event Server

khelza

Hi guys,

I have a local station SCADA program that requires a daily automatic 1 page printout of the most recent alarms from the Alarm and Event Server. (1 page of alarms can span over several days as they infrequently get alarms)

I feel that this is too simple of an application to warrant the use of Historian, and the customer would never want to pay for it anyways.

Is there a somewhat simpler method of doing this? (with columns for Date&Time, State, Message and Alarm ID)

I also need to print out a couple other forms along with the alarm log, with specific tag values put into specific row/columns, not just a list of all in one row. So I will probably use the following method for that:

https://theautomationblog.com/getting-allen-bradley-plc-and-pac-data-into-excel-using-rslinx/

This will allow me to pull the specific tags from the PLC in their specific location, however, I'm not sure this method would work to log a page worth of alarms, specifically the most recent.

Thanks in advanced! 🍻

One way would be to install SQL Express, Direct your Alarms to store to the SQL database.

Then setup a data connection to SQL in Excel and write a query to pull the last x alarms.