Expanding a Free HMI Software and Looking for help with drawing HMI components

DRS said:
I'm still working in VB6, seems I'm alway slow to move to the latest greatest complier, but once I do I'm always glad of it. from GW to QuickBasic was sweet, QuickBasic to VisualBasic was real sweet and I'm sure I'll think VB.Net is better then VB6(Which has been great tool over the years) once I start writing codes in it. I did make the first step, which was to install it.
The move from VB6 to .NET has a little bit of a learning curve, but the time investment is well worth it. I've cut my development time in better than half once I got proficient with .NET
If you are a book learner, be sure to take a look at "Visual Basic 2005 : The Language" published by Microsoft press. That is probably the best book to help make a good solid move to .NET. Since 2008 only builds upon 2005, everything in the book still applies.

That's a cool demonstration video of the gauge. Did you draw the needle using GDI graphics?

Did you draw the needle using GDI graphics?
Archie
In that demo I did it the old school way
sin_ = Sin((Mdeg - s * 6) * Deg2Rad) * (r - sl) + cx
cos_ = Cos((Mdeg - s * 6) * Deg2Rad) * (r - sl) + cy
Picture1(Index).Cls
Picture1(Index).Line (cx, cy)-(sin_, cos_)

With the PLC sending the encoder value to the PC at 10Hz the needle moves very smoothly.

Tommy

How is this for a realistic keypad?

KeyPadSample.PNG

I have to agree with Jimbo "Nice job Archie on the keypad"

Archie I also think they would make good Screen Change buttons
screenchange.JPG

Also a bipolar analog meter would be handy in a VB HMI package
(I'm sure I'm not the only one that uses them a lot).
able to set the decimal places is a sweet thing
meter.JPG

Tommy

Holy cow! I likey!

If you don't have it already, I'd include a subtle change of shading, lighting, or position as a "hoverover" and "mouse click" effect to make it feel more interactive.

Archie said:
How is this for a realistic keypad?

surferb said:
I'd include a subtle change of shading, lighting, or position as a "hoverover" and "mouse click" effect to make it feel more interactive.
When a key is clicked on the keypad, they give an appearance of being depressed.

Tommy... I modified the meter a little to allow it to work as a zero-centered meter. If the MinValue property equals the negative of the MaxValue, it will go to zero centered.
MeterTwoWays.PNG