A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

This is what I keep coming up with, after trying to run the HMI.
This is what I discovered.

1) There is a bug in the DF1 driver
- From Solution Explorer, open AdvancedHMIDrivers\AllenBradley\DF1Com.vb
- go to line 217 and change the code to this:
If MyDLLInstance > 0 AndAlso (DLL IsNot Nothing) AndAlso (DLL.ContainsKey(MyDLLInstance)) AndAlso DLL(MyDLLInstance) IsNot Nothing Then

2) BCC does not work for some reason, be sure your settings for the serial port is CRC

3) It doesn't seem to like PLC/SLC mapping of timers. I'm sure this has something to do with the CLX timers uses DINT, but SLC uses INT

I created an INT array and named it N7.
I then created a new PLC/SLC mapping to map file number 7 to N7

I then used a BasicLabel in AdvancedHMI with PLCAddressValue and PLCAddressKeypad set to N7:0. This now works.

SLCMapping2.png

Glad to hear you like what you saw so far. A lot of appreciation go to all of the users that have adopted it and provided valuable feedback over the years to get it where it is today. The more the number of users increase, the more the software continues to improve. I am always looking for feedback and suggestions.

There is also a lot of support, additional controls, tips, and feedback on the AdvancedHMI forum.

Hello Archie. I have the latest line of Omron PLC, with an NJ CPU. I used FINS over Ethernet. In less than a minute I was receiving data from the NJ, to Advanced HMI, pretty cool stuff. Anyway, I am having problems saving my projects, then re-opening them. I have tried the save as, as well as a simple save. It appears to do it correctly but when I try to open it, it opens a page full of C-language programming. I am unable to get to the main page, as I do with the raw copy from the .zip file. Could you please tell me what I might be doing wrong? Thank you.

Anyway, I am having problems saving my projects, then re-opening them. I have tried the save as, as well as a simple save. It appears to do it correctly but when I try to open it, it opens a page full of C-language programming. I am unable to get to the main page, as I do with the raw copy from the .zip file. Could you please tell me what I might be doing wrong? Thank you.
When saving your work, the method I use is Save All (Ctrl+Shift+S). When re-opening the project, only open with the .sln file.

A tip to save you from some of the frustration of VS quirks, before exiting Visual Studio, close all of the open forms in design view. If your solution gets into an non-working state, you can this:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1062.0

When saving your work, the method I use is Save All (Ctrl+Shift+S). When re-opening the project, only open with the .sln file.

A tip to save you from some of the frustration of VS quirks, before exiting Visual Studio, close all of the open forms in design view. If your solution gets into an non-working state, you can this:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1062.0

Hey Thanks Archie. Also, have you ever used a timer for Omron on this? The timer timing and done bits are easy however, the accumulator value and writing a value to the timer from the HMI are the last two I need. For example, the accumulator of the AB I simply use the .acc.

have you ever used a timer for Omron on this? The timer timing and done bits are easy however, the accumulator value and writing a value to the timer from the HMI are the last two I need. For example, the accumulator of the AB I simply use the .acc.
The method I have used for timer preset is to use something like D500 in the HMI, then use that in the PLC program for the preset.

It has been a while, but I think just using the timer number in AdvancedHMI for the accumulated value. I looked up a program I had done before to see how I did it, and I pushed the accumulated value into 480 register, then used 480 for the PLCAddressValue

The method I have used for timer preset is to use something like D500 in the HMI, then use that in the PLC program for the preset.

It has been a while, but I think just using the timer number in AdvancedHMI for the accumulated value. I looked up a program I had done before to see how I did it, and I pushed the accumulated value into 480 register, then used 480 for the PLCAddressValue

Is that in the Sysmac Studio?

I'm late to the party, but this is extremely impressive work. I'm going to try it out when I get a chance. Thanks for sharing, and I hope you end up making a king's ransom on all of this.

That was with CX-One and a CS1 processor

Here is what it took to access the timer properties from the Omron NJ and your advanced HMI app. Btw, the Omron Tech was so impressed with your HMI he immediately downloaded it, while he was helping me resolve this. His words: "this is really cool!".

NJ timer to Advanced HMI.jpg

Last edited:
2 years ago I first tried out AdvancedHMI and ran into a problem because all my PLC5-40E (got 6 of them) are all older revisions that don't support Ethernet/IP (they use the old CSP protocol)

Well, I just downloaded the latest in hoping that issue might be resolved. I found I have the same problem still. I did find I can connect to one of my PLC5 which is a revision D (others are Revisions A and B) but I have some trouble reading some values.

Anyway, I have RSLinx installed, is there anyway to use that to work with AdvancedHMI ? There's no way to justify sending 6 PLC5's to AB for the upgrade.

thanks!

2 years ago I first tried out AdvancedHMI and ran into a problem because all my PLC5-40E (got 6 of them) are all older revisions that don't support Ethernet/IP (they use the old CSP protocol)

Well, I just downloaded the latest in hoping that issue might be resolved. I found I have the same problem still. I did find I can connect to one of my PLC5 which is a revision D (others are Revisions A and B) but I have some trouble reading some values.

Anyway, I have RSLinx installed, is there anyway to use that to work with AdvancedHMI ?
AdvancedHMI has come a long way in the past 2 years, but unfortunately a CSP driver has not been one of the additions. Since that protocol only works with now obsolete hardware, there is probably only a very small chance a native driver for it would ever make it into AdvancedHMI. I do not want to say never because it all depends on the projects we receive from our customers.

However, if you have RSLinx Pro or higher (a version that supports OPC), you can use the OpcDaCom driver. Set OPCServerName to "RSLinx OPC Server", create a topic in RSLinx, then set OPCTopic to the one you created.

I have RSLinx OEM and the OpcDaCom driver worked! There's only a handful of tags in the PLC5's I need to access. Now that OpcDaCom is working I plan on getting either a MicroLogix 1100 or 1400 to do the bulk of the work.

The ML will have several counters working (counting products) and the computer running AdvancedHMI will be monitoring the counters. The operator will have to be able to click on an object to enter a target number for each production run. The ML will handle the counting and stopping of production when the target number is reached.

At the end of the production run I would like to save the counters accumulated values (Gross count, Good Count, Waste Count and possibly a 255 character text field for any comments the operator would like to make for that production run.

Are there any AdvHMI demo/sample projects available to download?

thanks!

Fred

At the end of the production run I would like to save the counters accumulated values (Gross count, Good Count, Waste Count and possibly a 255 character text field for any comments the operator would like to make for that production run.

Are there any AdvHMI demo/sample projects available to download?
Here is one way to go about it:

- In the PLC create a bit to indicate the end of the run, let's say B3/0
- Add a DataSubscriber to the form
- Set PLCAddressValue to B3/0
- Double click the DataSubscriber to get back to the Value Changed event handler
- Enter code like this:
Code:
    Private Sub DataSubscriber1_DataChanged(sender As Object, e As Drivers.Common.PlcComEventArgs) Handles DataSubscriber1.DataChanged
        If e.Values(0) = "True" Then
            Using sw As New System.IO.StreamWriter("Historyfile.txt", True)
                sw.WriteLine(Now)
                Dim counter1 As Integer = EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom1.Read("N7:0")
                sw.WriteLine("Counter1=" & counter1)
                Dim counter2 As Integer = EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom1.Read("N7:1")
                sw.WriteLine("Counter2=" & counter2)
                sw.Close()
            End Using
        End If
    End Sub